The Gordon Frost Organisation Pty Ltd (ABN 87 002 552 801) (“us”, “we”, or the “Company”) respects the privacy of the users of our websites, our customers and other individuals who interact with us.
Submitting Information as an Agent:
- Agents must also advise all persons on whose behalf they submit information via the Portal that the Company can be contacted for further information per the Section 13 (Contacting Us).
- Agents must not submit any information to us via the Portal that is or has been expressly excluded by the persons on whose behalf they submit information via the Portal.
- Agents must act in the best interests of the persons on whose behalf they submit information when using the Portal.
- If you are not registered as an Agent, you must not submit any information to us about someone else without that person’s informed consent.
What We Collect:
- We collect personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) as well as non-personally identifiable information when users visit or register to use the Portal as an “Individual” or an “Agent”.
- When registering an account, users will be required to submit certain Personal Information. Some information will be mandatory, such as login information, the user’s name, email address, postal address, base city, residency status, contact email, contact number and resume, and some information will be voluntary, such as the user’s gender, date of birth and headshot.
- Once your account is registered, you may submit further Personal Information to us in the course of using the Portal and the services provided by it, for example:
- You may create a “Talent Profile”, whereby individual resumes, headshots or additional information about professional skills, training and work experience is submitted;
- You may submit for “Current Auditions”, whereby individual Talent Profiles may be updated with information that demonstrates suitability for a particular role in a current GFO audition or upcoming production;
- You may apply for available production or crew roles on a particular show, whereby account information may be updated with availability and other information that demonstrates suitability for a particular role in an upcoming GFO production;
- You may update your account information or Talent Profile information at any time in the “Update Details” page of the Portal, by removing, adding or editing the information that is held on your account; or
- You may provide us with particular information or circumstances relating to yourself or someone else if you submit a form or query via the “Help” page of the Portal.
How We Use Information:
- The information we collect may be used for the following purposes:
- To enable users to create, update, edit and retain Talent Profiles on their registered accounts;
- To enable users to submit for auditions or to apply to work with us on a production using the information held on their registered accounts;
- To enable the Company to assess and determine whether a user will be offered an audition, an interview or a production role as relevant with the Company for a current show;
- To enable the Company to contact users with notifications about upcoming and current auditions, roles or productions;
- To enable the Company to communicate with users about auditions (for example, audition scheduling);
- To verify a user’s identity and enable users to access the Portal’s services;
- To provide customer support and assistance and respond to your queries or feedback; and
- To administer, support, maintain, improve and develop the Portal.
- We will not use the Personal Information we receive through the Portal to send registered users targeted marketing, advertising or promotional content relating to the Company or any other entity. However, please note that users may continue to receive marketing, advertising or promotional content if they have independently subscribed and consented to receive such content through one of the Company’s other GFO websites.
- The information we collect may be used for the following purposes:
When We Disclose Personal Information:
- Generally, Personal Information will not be disclosed to individuals or organisations outside of the Company without your prior consent. However, Personal Information may be disclosed in the circumstances described in this Section.
- Personal Information may be provided to third party entities for their use in performing internal business functions directly related to the Portal or in order to hold, manage or process your information for us. For example, user information may be disclosed to third party entities that assist us with customer service, communication and mailing services, information technology services, data processing or data management and analytics.
- Where a legitimate request is sent to us by law enforcement or government bodies, we will comply with that request and may provide Personal Information about you without your consent.
- In addition, we may disclose Personal Information:
- To a user’s authorised representatives or legal advisers when the user has granted permission or requested for us to do so;
- To professional advisers to obtain legal or professional advice;
- If, in our reasonable opinion, such disclosure is necessary to prevent harm to other users, any third parties or ourselves; and
- In the event that there is a change of control such that we transfer part or all of our assets to a third party;
and we will take reasonable efforts to notify you of such disclosures by contacting you electronically wherever possible, and where appropriate, posting a notice on the Portal.
- Like many organisations, we use IT infrastructure and service providers who are based or hosted in countries other than Australia including the United States of America and the United Kingdom.
- Where we have a relationship with such overseas providers, we ensure that we complete a privacy due diligence review on their practices and procedures to ensure that they are of a satisfactory quality.
- Any information we collect about you will be kept securely by us unless an event beyond our control disrupts the measures we have in place.
- We store user information on our networks in Australia and take reasonable steps to protect Personal Information from interference or loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, using up-to-date security, firewall and anti-virus software and backups.
- We have procedures in place with regards to staff access to Personal Information and ensure that only those staff who need to know have access to your information.
- If we learn of a security systems breach, we will attempt to notify users electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
- We will only store Personal Information for so long as it is required either to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or to fulfil our obligations at law. We will conduct regular reviews of the Personal Information we hold and destroy or de-identify user information that is removed from a registered account (for example, if a Talent Profile is removed or modified or a registered account is cancelled) where such information is not required to be stored under Australian law or other Commonwealth record. However, you acknowledge and agree that the Company backs up its servers regularly and even after deletion of your account, your Personal Information may be held in compressed back-ups that hold snapshots of the Portal over time.
Cookies and Similar Technology:
- Cookies are small pieces of information that a website automatically transfers and stores on a user’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies are used to better understand users and improve the layout and functionality of our websites by collecting information such as date, time and duration of visits and which pages are most commonly accessed. This tracking is conducted in such a way as to ensure the anonymity of visitors to websites. While cookies may identify the computer, they should not identify the individual.
- Visitors to the Portal always have the option of updating their privacy settings, erasing or blocking cookies or receiving a warning before a cookie is stored via their browser preferences.
- Please note that updating these settings may result in experiencing technical problems with the functions and features of some parts of the Portal and you may not be able to benefit from all the Portal’s services.
Editing or Accessing Personal Information:
- You may, at any time, update, correct, or delete certain Personal Information that you have provided to us by visiting the Update Details page of the Portal.
- You are also entitled to request that your Personal Information is dealt with either anonymously or under a pseudonym, but you acknowledge and accept that you may not be able to receive the benefit of the services provided via the Portal in such instances.
- You may request access to any Personal Information we hold about you by contacting us as set out under Section 13 (Contacting Us). Whenever you are entitled to access such information, and the information is not otherwise accessible by logging into your account, we will provide such information to you via email or post without charge.
- If you would like to delete a Talent Profile, move a Talent Profile to a new user or if you would like to delete your account, you must complete the form on the “Delete Account” page of the Portal.
- If you delete your account, the Personal Information and any and all other account data associated with your account will be removed from accessible systems and will no longer be accessed or used by us, unless required by law. However, you acknowledge and agree that the Company backs up its servers regularly and even after deletion of your account, your Personal Information may be held in compressed back-ups that hold snapshots of the Portal over time.
- If you choose to have an account with us in the future, you will have to register for a new account through the Portal as none of the information previously submitted will be held or saved within your account.
- Please note that cancelling or removing Personal Information from your account, may impact your ability to access or participate in the Portal services.
Changes and Updates to this Policy:
- You have a right to complain to us if you are concerned about your privacy or how we have dealt with your Personal Information.
- If you are concerned about how we have dealt with your Personal Information you should first contact us (using the details set out in Section 13 (Contacting Us)). We will endeavour to send you a written response within ten (10) business days.
- If you are not satisfied with the way we have managed or attempted to resolve your complaint you may complain to the relevant supervisory authority in your territory. In Australia that is the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- We will endeavour to respond to any communication within a reasonable time frame in the circumstances and will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any complaints regarding Personal Information that cannot be resolved internally.